FASCO archery started out in San Diego CA in 1956 doing subcontracting work for Gordon Plastics and their line of bows. The company was started by Russ Fogerty, Willie Alverez, and Charles Smith. The FASCO company name came from the first letter of each man's last name and CO (Company) added at the end. Fogerty and Smith were only 26 and 29 years old respectively at the time. Fogerty was still a student at San Diego State University. FASCO shaped and finished between 1,400 and 1,800 bows a month for Gordon, which represented most of the Gordon bow production. FASCO then branched out and started their own line of bows using Gordon fiberglass for the limbs (as did most every other archery company). They later hired custom bowyer Wilson White who had worked for Frank Eicholtz before starting his own line of custom bows. Many considered the 1960 FASCO Phantom Pistol Grip to be the “Rolls Royce” of 1960 recurve bows. In the early 1960's they sold the company to Emitt Ries. FASCO bows were produced with beautiful and exotic woods, frequently with wood carvings. A FASCO bow with a basket weave or oakleaf carving, or an ivory in ebony inlay is a treasure. The company was sold again around 1963 to Seattle Archery. FASCO recurve bows were listed in the 1965-1966 Seattle Archery catalog, but by the 1979 catalog all recurve bows had been dropped. As a side note, in 1964 the Fasco Archery division of Seattle Archery Co. bought Drake Archery. Harry Drake retained the flight bow manufacture part of Drake Archery. Fasco manufactured the Fire-Drake, Hunter-Flight and Shark bows.
TraditionalArchery.Net VintageArchery.Org ArcheryHistory.Org
Copyright (C) 2018-2021 LGI Services. All Rights Reserved